22.3.12

bathrooms.

I've currently got a pinterest board dedicated to bathrooms for my Mum who wants to do up the bathroom at my parents place, which as led to me just pinning what I like rather than what she likes. One thing I like about interior photography or styling is a place that looks lived in, rather than the stark, empty architectural photographs [which don't get me wrong, I do find beautiful - just less honest].
The thing I like the most about these images is the materiality. I love the polished concrete floor, the charcoal grout, the reclaimed timber and the beautifully simple copper pipe plumbing [who says you need fittings anyway?]
All images here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the use of industrial materials in these spaces! Wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is super lovely! :) bookmarking as we speak.

    ReplyDelete