20.7.12

aesop soho.

It's not a secret that I love Aesop. No seriously, their products are not only beautifully fragrant, but also worth every penny. They actually work fabulously. 
I have mentioned previously on here that to design an Aesop store would be a dream job. I love the way that no two stores are the same, and how each store responds to it's specific location. Aesop detail that the aim of the design of each store is to add to, rather than detract, from the existing built environment, emphasising the characteristics of the specific neighbourhood. 
Earlier this year, Parisian design group CiguĂ« completed the design of London's Soho store. I particularly love the enamelled bent steel shelves that have been fixed to the stone walls, and how these elements contrast with the beautiful materiality of the existing space. 
Don't even get me started on the vintage tap fitting. Beautifullll.

I loved their work so much that I will post Part 2 in the next couple of days, focussing on their design details. 

2 comments:

  1. i go to this store religiously! love aesop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh JEALOUS! How good is Aesop! I love all their stuff x

    ReplyDelete